IU Employee Programs
- The Quit For Life® Program is a tobacco treatment program available to full-time Academic and Staff employees and spouses who are enrolled in an IU-sponsored medical plan.
- To enroll in Quit For Life, call 1-866-784-8454 or visit the Quit For Life Program Web site.
- See also Tobacco Cessation Prescription Benefits
Because smoking is a complex habit that encompasses physical, behavioral, and psychological aspects, smokers need a plan that addresses these aspects simultaneously. The best chance for long-term success happens when the quit plan includes the two components below.
1. Consult a health or medical professional. Your doctor, dentist, or other health professional can provide insights into the risks of smoking as it relates to you personally. They can also help you with information about the proper use of medication and nicotine replacement products.
2. Check out all available resources. In the column at the right is a list of cessation resources available in your campus and community and on the Web.
On your campus
In your county and community
Free on the Web